Bjella Automobile by Minnesota Historical Society
An open automobile made by altering a horse-drawn phaeton carriage to accept a front-mounted gasoline engine. “Bjella” name-plate attached to the engine compartment above the grille. Made by P.B. Hole and Ole Bjella of McIntosh, Minnesota in 1905-1906.
For more information or to purchase a photograph of this item, view this automobile in our collections database.
Featured on the Minnesota Historical Society’s Collections Up Close blog on April 18, 2016.